The Presbytery of Wyoming – Spring Meeting
||April 27th and 28th
||First Presbyterian Church – Mountain View
||Grayde Parsons, former Stated Clerk of the PCUSA Presenting on “Transformation”.
- Exploring the new vision and values of the Presbytery.
- Hearing reports from three Administrative Commissions.
- Learning more about our Partner Churches in Syria and Lebanon, and the visit of Rev. Ameer to Wyoming in October.
- Voting on moving Libby Tedder-Hugus to a candidate for ministry.
- Plus much more!
Information to be included in packets or to be considered for the agenda need to be submitted to Jan DeBeer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Thursday, April 5th.
Presbyterian Foundation 2018 Webinar Series
- Feb 21 - Generational Giving
- Mar 21 - Money Follows Vision
- Apr 25 - Legacy Giving
- May 9 - Best Stewardship Practices
All meetings at 11AM MT
RSVP for meeting access Rob.Hagan@presbyterianfoundation.org
- OR -
Clergy / CRE Gatherings
Winter / Spring 2018
In Thayne at Star Valley United Church
- Tuesday, February 27th
- Tuesday, May 1st
In Thermopolis at the Community Federated Church
- Tuesday, May 8th – at Highlands Church, Cheyenne
Northeast / Central Group
- Thursday, May 17th – at First Presbyterian Church, Gillette
Presbytery Office Update
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Gomer Pyle use to say this often. Well, the Presbytery office building is under contract to be sold! The closing date is Monday, April 9th! The Presbytery staff is busily sorting and packing materials and setting up the dynamics of a virtual office.
All postal mail after April 1st needs to be sent to:
Presbytery of Wyoming
P.O. Box 1767
Casper, WY 82602
All Women Invited!
Join us for the 2018 Presbyterian Women Spring Gathering
Union Presbyterian Church, Powell, Wyoming
April 13 at 8:30am to April 14 at noon
"PW Building Bridges of Understanding." Romans 1:12
- For all women! Bring a friend! Time to relax, feel refreshed!
- Be inspired with presentations from Kathy Lundberg on the Global Exchange to Indonesia and Anita Schamber regarding her mission work with World Vision International
- Where is Your PW on the Life Cycle? Whgat are the signs of the Spirit Moving Us? What might spark us to engage new people? General Presbyter Steve Shive will guide this discussion.
- Celebrate the 30th birthday of Presbyterian Women!
- Guided tour of the Heart Mountain Interpretive Center
- Get informed about disaster planning by Presbyterian Disaster Assistance trainers, Gail Heimbuck and Kathy Lundberg
- Friday night worship and communion led by Union Pres pastor Rev. Jeff Baxter
- Eat delicious food!
- Meet new friends!
Special room rates are available at the Powell Super 8. First come, first served. Registration fee of just $50 (includes meals) and the form is due by Wednesday, April 4.
More info: contact Melinda Brazzale, 307-256-0506, Mlbrazzale@gmail.com
Presbytery of Wyoming Mission Trip
||Clean-up and Rebuilding from August 2016 Flooding
||Any adults and youth 14 and older
For more details or to sign up, please e-mail Rev. Bob Thomson, Pastor of First Pres, Cheyenne (email@example.com) or Steve Shive, General Presbyter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Let’s join in what God is doing to help restore the well-being of lives affected by the disasters of flooding. This project is being coordinated by Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
1001 Worshiping Communities Regional Gathering
||May 5, 2018
||First Presbyterian Church
531 S College Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80524
A regional gathering to discuss 1001 New Worshiping Communities and church renewal<
- Sean Chow - Western Region Associate, 1001 New Worshiping Communities
- Scott Hagley - Associate Professor of Missiology, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Ron Urzua - Living Hope Presbyterian Church, Port Hueneme, CA
- Shayla Graham - Pine Ridge Ministries, Moorcroft, WY
Learn More About Our Sister Partner Churches in Syria and Lebanon
Syrian Refugee Children at the Tyre Church
In October 2018, the Presbytery of Wyoming will be hosting Rev. Ameer in Wyoming. He will be attending and participating in our October meeting!! More details will be available soon!
In 2019, a group form the Presbytery of Wyoming is planning to go to Aleppo and Tyre. We can begin to pray for visas into Syria which is now safe to travel in most parts.
- The Presbytery and its staff as we begin the transition to a virtual office.
- Our sister, partnership church in Aleppo, Syria, requests prayers for:
- A Bible Study on the book of Acts that is beginning after several years suspension due to violence!
- The beginning of Sunday School and the 18 leaders who will be teaching and mentoring over 160 children
- New Members who are being received that they would demonstrate the commitment, love and values of Jesus!
- That we as individuals and churches would dream God’s dream and live into it in 2018.
- The Sabbath Center Board as they make plans for 2018.
- Peace in Syria, Palestine and Israel
- The United Presbyterian Church of Guernsey & Community Presbyterian in Ft. Laramie. Their new interim pastor, John Taylor, begins his ministry with them March 1.
- The Administrative Commission working with the Session of the France Memorial Presbyterian Church in Rawlins as they merge with the United Methodist church to officially become the Rawlins Cooperative Parish!
- Libby Tedder-Hugus and Shayla Graham as they lead pioneering work in the New Worshipping Communities in Casper and Pine Ridge!
- Rev. George Moore, former Interim Pastor in Gillette as he has been hospitalized in Asheville, NC.
- Rev. Shayla Graham, New Worshipping Communities Pastor at Pine Ridge, as she rehabs from surgery to remove a non-malignant tumor on her auditory nerve.
- Rev. Thea McKee, as she continues to recover from her Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Susan Crider-Lewis, bookkeeper for Presbytery, as she continues chemotherapy for recently diagnosed cancer.
- Kristen Trohkimoinen, member of Shepherd of the Hills Church in Casper, as she continues her adventure as a Young Adult Volunteer in Peru.
- The Community Presbyterian Church of Lingle, and the First Wyoming United Presbyterian Church, Torrington, as the Pastoral Nominating Committee discerns who to call as their new pastor.
- The Rev. Sheri Fry who continues her ministry as Interim Pastor at United Presbyterian Laramie.
- David Cole, CRE in Encampment, as he is commissioned on March 11.
- The United Presbyterian Church of Riverton as they put their building on the market to sell and as they develop a Plan of Action for the next 2 to 3 years.